Cosmetic PRP is a revolutionary cosmetic treatment that rejuvenates the skin, resulting in a youthful appearance.
Also known as the ‘Vampire Facial’ or ‘Vampire Facelift’, it has been made famous by celebrities such as Angelina Jolie and Kim Kardashian. Having developed a following amongst celebrities in Hollywood and New York, the
treatment is now available here in Australia.
A nurse will take your blood (like a normal blood test).
The blood is then spun in a centrifuge to isolate the PRP which contains a large concentration of growth factors and platelets integral to healing and regeneration.
The area to be treated is washed and local anesthetic cream is applied. The PRP is then injected directly into the area to be treated.
This process takes approximately 60 minutes.
How does it work?
PRP contains a high proportion of cytokines, white blood cells and growth factors vital for the regeneration of tissue.
These are responsible for tissue strength and elasticity, which are often lost in aging.
PRP also stimulates adipocytes which are responsible for facial fullness and reduction of naso-labial folds and smile lines.
The result is tissue growth, a reduction in wrinkles and a more youthful complexion!
How it differs from mainstream treatment?
When compared to current mainstream cosmetic treatments such as Botox and fillers, PRP differs in several ways:
- It is natural and harmless. PRP is made from a sample of your own blood, without any additives, so there is no risk of an allergic reaction.
- PRP does not work by reducing the movement of the muscles of facial
expression, so will not result in paralysis.
- Its effects last longer. While the effects may take several weeks to develop, they last longer than Botox or fillers.
How to prepare for your treatment?
Drink plenty of water and eat healthily prior to the treatment.
- Vitamin E and fish-oil tablets should be avoided 2-3 days prior to your
treatment as they can increase bruising.
- If you are taking blood thinning medications (eg. Warfarin, Pradaxa or Xarelto), you may also experience greater bruising.
- Please let us know if you are taking any of these.
Please note that some people experience mild bruising in treated areas. This is normal and should subside in a few days.